Wednesday, April 23, 2008

spring *green* clean




So.. How did you spend your Earth Day? Although I didn't exactly plant a tree, I made sure to do some sort of recycling. I reduced the clothes in my closet by about fifty percent. More space, less crap.. feels so much better. There's a couple bags of clothes ready to be dropped of at Sugar Land's new Goodwill.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to not buy anything I don't absolutely love or need (the two conditions are not exclusive). Admittingly, I use to be a total victom of the "but it's on SALE!" excuse. I find myself with a closet full of 'deals' that I feel lukewarm about in the first place. Ever since I implemented this new rule, it's much easier to find something to wear inthe morning, my clothes are much better quality and it has saved me money.

Sometimes it's hard to let go of something becasue it used to be your favorite or it has some sentimental value. But if you're not wearing it anymore or it's looks too raggity, let's be honest-- you don't need it! Here's a couple of tips for cleaning out your closet: How to Clean out Your Closet an dMake Space for More Good.

No comments: