Monday, April 14, 2008

Escape to Wobegon



In 2002, my high school english teacher read a racy excerpt of Wobegon Boy to our class and I instantly fell in love with all things Garrison Keillor. This past weekend I picked up Pontoon from Half Price Books and was impressed with the pretty jacket. If I didn't know about GK, I probably would have grabbed this anyway just by judging the cover (yes, I do). I especially like the initials imprinted on the book itself.

I'm only a couple chapters into this book, but I can already tell it's a hilarious and cozy read. I kind of wish I didn't have sewing tonight so I could go home and indulge.(I haven't mentioned I'm taking sewing-- I'll post pictures of my "project" once we actually start working on it.)

3 comments:

/// said...

WONDERFUL!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just saw your comment on my blog. Welcome to Houston and to "blog land"

Carolina

suzannemarques said...

i love him too & this book reminds me a bit of wes anderson's brother... who illustrated a sweet little book, chuck dugan is awol.