Monday, November 10, 2008

Vitamins on the Cheap




Can you believe that we bought everything in the last picture for 4.30 USD (55 pesos)? That's some apple, starfruit or carambola, bell peppers, tomatoes, some green beans, and a giant papaya. That would have been at least $15 at our beloved Whole Foods.

Over the past year I've become obsessed with juicy bell peppers for their tangy taste, crunchy texture and high volume of nutrients. It's been rough though, sometime I can only find them at $3.99 a pop. That's why I was super happy to stock up on some bell peppers, as well as other produce while we were in Mexico. This trip may have been the first vacation where I didn't eat buttery restaurant food every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love veggies. I could live on red bell peppers :)

Thanks for your sweet comment, the flowers are actually my mom's.

Andrew Cohen said...

Hey Lauren! Thanks for stopping by mine. I didn't think people would actually be interested in my bragging lol. Things are definitely going well up here and I hope the same goes for you. Talk to you soon!

carly said...

Lauren I'm so jealous of you being able to pick up and go stay in Mexico for a while, it must be so freeing. All your pictures so far are great and make me want to head down there soon!