Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pumpkin & Ginger Cupcakes

This Thanksgiving is going to be my first with Boyfriend's family. It's not a huge deal because his family is close and I see them all the time. I will definitely feel as if I am part of their bunch. I already know what I'm bringing to the table...

The past couple of years I've been completely cupcake crazy, but the more health conscious I am, I've only baked for special occasions. I was super-pumped to find this recipe in a book my sister-in-law gave me for Christmas last year.

Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes


2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground ginger
Pinch of salt

1 lightly beaten egg
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin, fresh or canned
3/4 cup cat-free skim milk
1/3 cup sunflower oil
3 tbsp. chopped candied ginger
4 tbsp. pumpkin seeds

Prehead oven to 350F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a spon. In a larger bowl, beat the egg, pumpkin, milk, and oil with an electric mixer until well combined. Add the flour to the pumpkin mixture, mixing until nearly combined. Foil in the candied ginger, but do now overmix.

Spoon the batter into the prepared tin. Sprinkle each muffin with a few pumpkin seeds.

Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins and cool on a rack.

No comments: