Friday, January 2, 2009

See Ya.



Today is my last day at the current temp job. It's been real...stupid. Ha, no.. I'm thankful that I got a nice little five-weeker in so that I don't have to tap into my savings (said savings only exists because of my dear Suze Orman).

I'm spending my day researching for our trip to New Orleans (which we may take next weekend?). The BF's parents gave it to us for Christmas and we're super-pumped. Maybe we'll go see Benjamin Button to build the NOLA anticipation. And finish A Confederacy of Dunces(I'm the worst).

Anyway, we have Very New Orleans: A Celebration of History, Culture, and Cajun Country Charm, the beautifully illusrated guidebook by Diana Hollingsworth Gessler to bring us to the best food, shopping and sights. Are there any off-the-beaten-path places that are the bee's knees??

P.S. Be Cool.

2 comments:

carly said...

Oh I know I'm on it right now!

Emily said...

Hey! I just left some of our finds in the d*s guide comments... check them out! We stayed at the St James and it was charming for the hotel size, exposed beams, etc. ask to stay in the front building on the 4th floor!