Thursday, January 15, 2009

Frock Your Closet


When I was in college, I came home one summer and worked at Frock Boutique in Houston. Frock carried pieces from smaller, foreign designers that became a huge hit with River Oaks ladies (both young and old). I LOVED working in such a calm space with the most friendly customers.

This past year, Frock closed it's doors but its owner, Marianne Mayeux has come up with a brilliant "GO GREEN!" idea for anyone who wants to keep up their look without spending a fortune.

Here's her new plan, straight from the horse's mouth:

Who says your wardrobe has to be in a recession, too?

Not I! Times are tough but we still want to look and feel great without breaking the bank. And those who really understand fashion know that a lot of money is not necessary for great style or an enviable closet.

Most of you know me from my boutique, Frock, which I closed recently. I am happy to announce that I'm venturing into personal styling and wardrobe/closet consulting. Although I'm no longer buying for a store, I'm now available to you personally and at an affordable hourly rate.

I started my first fashion business over 7 years ago, importing up-and-coming designer's creations from Milan and then in 2005 I opened Frock. These valuable endeavors, which taught me so much, along with my fashion expertise and organizational skills make this a natural fit.

In times like these it is ideal to optimize what you already own by repairing, altering or remaking garments, or by simply filling in some pieces to make your look current. Even adding a statement piece of jewelry may be all that's needed for a lift. You will be amazed at how far your wardrobe (and dollar) can stretch! But the absolute best thing about getting organized is how your mind also becomes clean; our closets and drawers can be symbolic of what's going on in our heads and in our lives.

I am pleased to offer the following services:

* Closet cleansing/wardrobe consultation
* Personal shopping
* Travel wardrobe shopping and/or packing
* Special event outfit coordination and/or shopping
* Outfit coordination

My fee for closet/drawer reorganization is $50 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. For all other services the fee is $40 per hour with a 1 hour minimum. I am flexible, with availability during the week and on weekends. Please feel free to pass this on to your friends and family.

Happy New Year-

Marianne Mayeux
Mobile: 713-412-7623
Email: mariannemayeux@yahoo.com

Reject, repair, recycle, renew!


Cool huh? I can tell you personally that she has a phenomenal sense of style and will make you flourish with your own.

No comments: