Friday, October 10, 2008

Shaking Things Up


So, yesterday I found out I'm getting laid off. I had been anticipating this for a few months now, considering the housing and construction market is down and my company's success depends on it. To be frank, I was relieved when I heard. I was reaching the point where I wasn't happy here and was ready for a career change. It couldn't have been at a better time:

- just told myself I was going to cut back on eating at restaurants
- The weather is cool, don't need AC anymore
- don't mind shopping vintage
-don't have kids, house payments or car payments
-saved, saved, saved my money just for something like this.
-can take a cheap, bus ride vacay to San Miguel de Allende with the BF.. finally.

I'm totally looking forward to finding another job in a new city. I know it might be hard in this economy, which is why PLAN B is amazing-- head to Mexico and learn Spanish.

I figure since my grandmother lives in Mexico, I might as well take advantage of the opportunity to relax and learn Spanish. I need that bi-lingual edge when I start applying for jobs again.

e.x.c.i.t.e.d.

p.s. if you know anyone hiring Media, PR, Advertising, Writing.. holla.

No comments: