Thursday, September 18, 2008

I woke up with the power out, not really somethin to shout about.



Still no power-- walked out of the apartment this morning with my shirt inside out. It's not easy getting dressed by candlelight. I don't mind the non-electricity JUST yet. The only thing I'm missing is TV and cooking(ahem....or someone cooking for me). But really, I'm surviving just fine without TV.

The picture, is my room with the candles. I think once winter starts rollin' in I'll be turning off the AC/Heater and lights--given that I have power--and start using candles at night. It's kind of nice. I don't have any babies or pets so it's relatively safe. I started thinking about how everyone used to live by candles and how necessary it was for a town or village to have a few candle makers.

There's a small town near the ol' alma mater, Texas State University, called Wimberly and there's tons of candle makers. My statistics teacher lives there and said "You can't swing a dead cat in Wimberly without hitting a candle maker or massage therapist." Well said, Dr. Caldwell, well said.

No comments: