Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fried


We ended up going to Corpus Christi over the weekend. The weather was perfect, the food was great. Here's my fried avacado-- the first meal of the vacation-- which ended up setting the tone for how my skin would feel upon leaving. All I want to do now is wrap my body is aloe-soaked gauze and cry a little bit.

05/21 Edit: After some research, it seems like drinking water is the only thing you can do to ease the pain. Aloe will offer some pain relief and lotions will actually prevent healing. Buh-Bye Vaseline Intensive Care!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After spending many summers burnt from living on the beach and working on my cars(without sunscreen, doh) I learned a good little tip from my friend who practices naturopathic medicine. She recommended apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle. It makes all the difference. You can also grow aloe (really easy in Texas) and take that, cut it up, and let it soak for a few days in the vinegar and make a really great(and virtually free) sunburn spray.

Good things on the blog Ms. McClendon. I have added it to my reader so I've been stopping by from time to time.

*L said...

thanks for the tips.. and as always, thanks for stopping by.