Monday, March 2, 2009

Cook-Off!




So, cook-off was a total blast. Boyfriend's uncle had a tent, so we started off there which was great, we got to hang out with his family, sip on some margaritas.. and then we checked out the Channel 2 tent which was large, in-charge and very crowded.

The best had to be the Texas Monthly/Red Bull tent.. they had a regular bar, a coffee bar and a GREAT band, Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears. I was fortunate enough to know someone in the band, so he hooked me and my entourage up (boyfriend, his mom, plus two of our friends from school). If it wasn't for him, we would have not got into that tent. It was a blast, we danced, drank, ate BBQ. Overall great night. So cold though!

I highly recommend seeing Black Joe Lewis if they ever come around your area-- I'm not just trying to support a friend's band. They really are one of the best band I've seen live. Jim Eno of the band SPOON just finished producing their record which was released Jan. 27 on Lost Highway. CHECK IT OUT!

No comments: