Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thrifty



Just about every fashion magazine finds some way to incorporate vintage, thrift store finds into their pages. I've never been one to hit the jackpot during a thrift adventure, I usually find myself leaving, rushing to the nearest bathroom to rid my hands of the gross feeling I get after sifting through endless color-coded racks.

Yesterday, I hit Goodwill with a few silhouettes in mind, inspired by photographs from Sartorialist, a fabulous fashion blog by Scott Schuman and former Bergdorf Goodman fashion director. I was mostly looking for big silk shirts (like the one above) that could be paired with pencil skirts or skinny jeans and I was pleased to find out that women's work shirts from the 80's hit the spot. Also found some loafers... and I pixelated my face. Thanks.

1 comment:

B&T said...

Thanks Lauren, this sure is a strange place...

Ben