Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Official! Paris.


A couple days ago I bought a plane ticket to Paris. It was such a liberating feeling to purchase this with my own money and know that this experience will enrich my life. I know it sounds cheesy, but there really isn't any other way to describe it without sounding like a complete lame-o. I've never been overseas and I am beyond excited.

Jon and I are going to visit his former foreign exchange student and friend, Arthur, who just visited him/us earlier this Summer (pictures from his departure here). The trip is less than two months away and I cannot wait to experience the food, people, art, and architecture, all the things that make it the number one destination in the world.

For my birthday, Jon's parents got me the Moleskine Paris City Notebook, which I've already started jotting down places to I hope to visit. I can tell this baby will come in handy with all the maps and blank pages to write down the food, people and places I will encounter. It looks like it will last me a few trips across the pond. Does anyone have any suggestions beyond the usual tourist attractions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

c'est magnifique!