Friday, June 13, 2008

Black Joe Lewis and The Honey Bears


Last night I was fortunate enough to be invited to the Black Joe Lewis and the Honey Bears show at Warehouse Live in Houston. I'd never seen or heard them before but let me tell you, they were so much fun! Just by watching the eight-man band, you can see they're having an effing blast on stage.

They opened for Mates of State, and everyone in the audience was like.. "hmm.. these guys are way better than Mates of State," albeit the two bands sound nothing alike. Would Mates of State have a song called Bitch, I Love You? If you're in Austin tonight, check them out at Emo's. It might be the last chance you get until they hit the summer festival circuit. Photo cred.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the keyboard player for that band plays for the drop trio in Houston. Really nice guy and super talented on the B3.

I had the pleasure of seeing Black Joe and company play in Austin a few months ago at Emos and they blew me away. As did the guy I came to see, Kelly Stoltz.

I'm so tired I should be sleeping but I'm reading my bookmarked blogs instead. I leavea at 6 a.m. tomorrow and cross over from Calgary into the U.S. tomorrow. I have a some photos up on my blog. tylerhorne.com